As Opencast is a server-based Linux software there are several ways to install Opencast on your servers. Unlike Windows applications there is no downloadable single-click installer. The installation varies based on the Linux Distribution that you intend to use and the server setup in your installation.
Latest Stable Version (3.0)
Release Date : June, 14th 2017
You will find the installation instructions in the Opencast documentation:
Currently we provide installation instructions for CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Ubuntu and Debian. There is also a repository with binary packages available for CentOS, Red Hat, Debian and Ubuntu.
Release Notes: https://docs.opencast.org/r/3.x/admin/releasenotes/
Source: https://bitbucket.org/opencast-community/matterhorn/downloads/?tab=tags (Tag: 3.0)
Source Code Repository
As Opencast is open source software you will find the source code and various branches with upcoming features and bug fixes in our Bitbucket repository:
Some conventions for the repository:
- The stable versions can be found in the release branches r/
- the lastest unstable version can be found in develop.
- r/ indicates a new release branch, that might contain bug fixes that are not yet in an official released version.
- f/ indicates that this branch contains new features that are probably not merged in develop yet.
- t/ indicates that this branch contains bug fixes that are probably not merged into a release yet.